Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grilled Bulgar Turkey Burgers


An absolutely perfect day-sunny and 72 degrees-just screams to me to be outside and grilling. I have been craving a good burger and had picked up some ground turkey at the store yesterday and pondered what I would create with it. I must brag on myself, as I am great at just going through my pantry and throwing great meals together. That was just the case tonight! This burger recipe will be even better after the garden is producing in a couple of months and I can just step out the back door and pluck my hopefully bountiful harvest. I served this in a wheat pita pocket with lettuce and drizzled more olive oil over it.


Grilled Bulgar Turkey Burgers

1 pound Ground Turkey

2 cups Chicken Broth

1 cup Bulgar

2 cups Baby Carrots

1 bunch Green Onions

6 cloves Garlic

1 bunch Fresh Parsley

Juice of 1 Lemon

2 tablespoons Chipotle Powder

2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika

8 oz. Shredded Cheese Blend or Feta

Salt & Pepper

Olive Oil


Bring chicken broth to a boil; add bulgar and reduce heat to medium. Cook until all liquid is absorbed. Set aside until cooled.

In food processor blend carrots, onions, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper, chipotle powder and smoked paprika until finely chopped.

In large bowl add ground turkey, cooled bulgar, vegetables and cheese and mix , trying not to overwork mixture.
Form into fairly thick patties and chill so that burgers hold well.

Brush with olive oil and grill.

*May also need to spray a non-stick olive oil spray on grill so that burgers don't stick. Grill needs to be very hot to sear the burgers to prevent sticking as these are very moist and delicate.

ClassicKitchenTwist on FoodistaClassicKitchenTwist

1 comment:

  1. Delicious recipe!If you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete