Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who Knew I'd Have Something In Common With Rachael Ray

Thanks to my little brother, I now have a favorite knife! For Christmas my brother sent me the Rachael Ray from Furi Cutlery Set with Bamboo Case and I absolutely love them! Up to this point, my favorite knife was my chef's knife from Wusthof. I pretty much used this knife exclusively for all of my cutting needs. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Wusthof, however the Furi 7" chef's knife is presently my fave! I have never seen a chef's knife that can slice so razor thin and is so comfortable in my hand. The set is made of stainless with a copper plug that helps keep the knife balanced over time. I love that the knife is a solid piece with no gaps between the blade and handle which means there is no place for small bits of food or bacteria to settle into. It will take some time for me to get used to the smaller 5" knife only because I prefer the larger size as I feel that I have better control with the 7". Another plus of this set is that it comes in its own bamboo case for storage which I absolutely love! I can store the set flat in a drawer rather than having it on the counter in a knife block. So far I haven't managed to add the extra ingredient of blood from a cut finger to any of my food, but please beware that these knives are extremely sharp so they need to be handled with care when washing and be sure to store them out of the way or curious kiddies.

1 comment:

  1. Hummm, I should have called you rather than buy into the infomercial where I got my cutlery set. Was shopping with the 'rock 'n chop' and the handle broke off in my hand...ouch!

    ReplyDelete